- No Comments
- South Haven Paving Company
I have a confession. I just paved the driveway in front of my garage. This is not something that most people would do, right? You’re probably wondering why I did it and what’s wrong with me. Well, nothing really! It was an easy project to tackle on my own, so I figured “why not?”
It all started when we moved into our new house about six months ago… The first thing I noticed was that the driveway in front of the garage was made up of gravel and dirt and ask South Haven Paving Company for a piece of advice. Not only did this look bad, but it also posed a huge problem when trying to park our car in the garage. The space between the driveway and the garage door was so small that it was difficult to get our car in and out without scraping against the door frame.
Since we were planning on living in this house for a while, I decided that I needed to do something about it. So, I started doing some research online and came across a few articles about paving your own driveway. After reading through them, I decided that this was something I could definitely do myself!
The process of paving your driveway is not as difficult as you might think. All you need is a few supplies, some basic tools, and a little bit of patience. In the end, you’ll have a beautiful driveway that will last for years!
If you’re thinking about paving your driveway, here are a few things to keep in mind:
– The first step is to remove any existing pavement or gravel. This can be done with a shovel or by using a demolition hammer.
– Once the surface is cleared, you’ll need to level it out. Use a rake or bulldozer to do this.
– Next, add a layer of asphaltic concrete mix. Make sure it’s the correct thickness for your driveway (usually between three and four inches).
– Finally, use a plate compactor to compact the top layer of your driveway.
That’s it! If you follow these steps, paving your driveway is a very simple and easy process that anyone can do on their own!